There are so many different ways to make banana nut bread. You can make it with regular white flour, sugar, vegetable oil or butter, but that isn’t the healthiest kind of banana bread. However, there is a healthier way to make banana nut bread without spiking your blood sugar. It’s tastier, moist and sweeter than the regular kind of banana bread that you buy in your local coffee shop or bakery. I, for one, make it with almond flour, grapeseed oil and (brown) Truvia. Also, it’s gluten free and dairy free along with sugar free.
Banana nut bread is one of my favorite snacks that I enjoy. Making this bread gives you the potassium, vitamins and minerals along with protein added to it. When I was a kid, my mother used to make a lot of banana bread which tasted good, but she didn’t use the healthiest ingredients, she just made the regular kind, but it tasted good. Your children will love this banana bread as well as your spouse. Also, it helps them get some of their daily vitamins and minerals too. Having type 2 diabetes, I had to learn how to make my favorite foods using different ingredients.
Just because you have type 1 or 2 diabetes, it doesn’t mean you can’t have your favorite foods you enjoy; it just means you have to use different ingredients, making it lower in carbohydrates and lower in sugar or sugar free. Eating healthy is a way of life for many people because of their health concerns, using gluten free flour, dairy free products and sugar alternatives is very important to staying healthy. You may want to use flour lower in carbohydrates instead of the regular white flour or sugar substitutes like Truvia instead of regular sugar and so on.
There are many different kinds of healthy ingredients in your local grocery store; you just have to know where to find them. Learn to be healthier and happier by eating healthy food.
3 ripe bananas, mashed well
3 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Brown Truvia
2 cups almond flour
1 tbsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use parchment paper to line bread pan or lightly grease with margarine or spray with Pam.
- Mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl add mashed bananas, eggs, Truvia (brown), oil, vanilla extract and mix well. Add 1/3 of dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add another 1/3 dry ingredients until thoroughly combined and add the remaining dry ingredients until it’s combined well to wet ingredients.
- Pour batter into a lined bread pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted the centre comes out clean